Do you really need a business mentor?
To find out, answer a few questions:
- Are you a board member, senior executive or business owner wishing to upgrade your own and your organisation’s performance?
- Would you like to help your company’s revenue grow, profitably and sustainably?
- Do you suspect that you haven’t reached your full professional potential?
- Do you sometimes face roadblocks or other obstacles in your quest to achieve your business goals?
- Do you ever wish you were better at managing change?
- Would you like to feel more in control and experience greater job satisfaction?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, a business mentor could be the key to solving those issues and more.
Whom can I help?
My mentees tend to be business professionals who are well versed in the technical skills they need for their role, but recognise that they could benefit from assistance in other areas of skill, expertise or knowledge.
Why use an external mentor?
Teaming up with a mentor from outside your own organisation will guarantee you:
- the opportunity to discuss concerns about colleagues, reporting lines and company politics, openly but in an environment of complete trust and confidentiality
- delivery of focused advice during regular scheduled mentoring sessions
- the benefit of insightful and balanced guidance from beyond the confines of your specific organisation, thanks to the extensive experience and independent perspective of your mentor
- a priceless opportunity to learn directly from the mistakes and successes of others, so that you are better able to handle new situations and reduce your risk of failure.
Why choose me as your business mentor?
The value I bring to the mentoring table flows from the expertise gained during my 25-plus years of international business experience. I have worked with both global and smaller organisations in the UK, Europe, the Middle East and the Russian Federation, helping them grow both organically and via mergers and acquisitions. As a result, I have had the privilege of helping a wide range of senior executives to:
- hone their skills within their current role and prepare for their next
- prepare for and adjust to a new role as a board director
- make high quality decisions that define them, their authority and their effectiveness
- think about and work through crucial and often complex decisions by using me as a confidential sounding board
- successfully handle business development issues such as:
- international expansion
- mergers, acquisitions and post-merger integration
- cross-cultural clashes
- employee engagement
- strategy planning and implementation
- digital disruption
- build invaluable support networks – both internal and external
- understand some of the more informal ways of getting things done and the unwritten and unstated ways of working
- prepare for performance reviews
- formulate long-term career plans.
What are the practicalities?
I mentor my clients in one-to-one sessions via any or all of the following:
- telephone calls
- virtual communication platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- face-to-face meetings where practical and COVID-safe.
The first step is to arrange a “chemistry meeting”, to ensure that we are a good match as mentor and mentee. I usually work with my mentees for at least twelve months, with structured two-hour sessions every four to six weeks. My mentees also have access to me between meetings.
Are you ready to learn how I can help you improve your marketable skills and know-how while boosting your company’s revenue and profits sustainably? Then contact me now to discuss your needs.