Who am I, and what do I do?
I am a consultant who enjoys helping both businesses and individual executives reach their full potential. I offer services in six main categories:
- support for mid-cap and smaller businesses as a non-executive director or strategic adviser
- mentoring for senior executives who wish to enhance their business performance
- career advice and guidance for senior executives seeking a new challenge or facing redundancy
- sourcing of hard-to-find business intelligence for companies contemplating mergers, acquisitions or investments
- creation and delivery of executive learning programmes such as workshops, seminars and masterclasses
- enrichment of corporate events through engaging, inspirational and challenging keynotes and presentations.
I spent the 1980s and 1990s immersed in the corporate world with global healthcare group GSK and world-leading adhesives technology company Henkel. During that time I managed consumer goods and services businesses, living and working in Europe, Asia and the Russian Federation.
On my return to the UK in 2004, I set up TCii, an international strategy consultancy, which soon developed a worldwide client base drawn from numerous industry sectors. Since that time, I have consulted for a wide range of businesses, from multinationals to start-ups and growing organisations. I’m known for my hands-on approach and my commitment to staying involved with client projects through to the achievement of agreed results.
This period included two years as a London-based Vistage Chair of a group of 16 chief executives, ranging from the head of a £1 billion joint venture between Shell and Exxon to the CEO of a £15 million recruitment consultancy.
I also served as a director, non-executive director or board adviser to a number of companies, including:
- Aestimo Technologies, Cirkularis 8, Hine Legal, Dixons Carphone and the Lakethorne Group, all based in London
- Greenfisher in Reading, Holt Lloyd in Wilmslow, Cheshire, and European Business Groups – Brent International in Iver, Buckinghamshire.
I exited the strategy consultancy and, since January 2022, I have been offering services under my name, Terry Irwin, in the areas listed below.
My areas of expertise
- Board-level business mentoring as NED or strategic adviser
- Mentoring and career guidance for senior executives
- Career transition
- Venture capital/private equity market intelligence, pre-deal due diligence and post-deal turnaround
- Business turnaround, outsourcing and cost reduction
- Acquisitions, mergers and post-acquisition integration
- Exit strategy and implementation
- Succession planning
- Strategic planning and implementation
To find out more about how I can help you address your business issues, contact me for an informal no-obligation discussion.